Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer's Not Over!

All this talk of fall is driving me bananas.  Every store window I see is filled with browns and olives and plaids and reds {bleh}.  Every website is advertising things like: new fall boots and even...scarves!  The upside to  this drab advertisement is that my month of "no shopping" is going swimmingly; as I would rather go carb free than start buying woolly sweaters in the heat of August.  Because, if you ask me, summer is still very much here!  In fact, I just bought a new bathing suit {last month, of course} to use for all the warm weather that awaits.

Why rush fall??  There are still so many days to take a swim, go to the beach, pick crabs, use outdoor showers, dine al fresco, drink cold white wine, wear no sleeves!  I could go on.  But, don't worry all you fall lovers.  Soon enough the leaves will start to fall, {unfortunately} the NFL season will start, and you will pine for lazy summer days! 

Until then....Fall, fall go away!

{Watercolor from Lonny}

No comments:

Post a Comment